Starlink App on Windows Laptop

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

So I've just unboxed the starlink kit and the app isn't compatible with my samsung smartphone... 

I saw on this thread downloading dishy.starlink.com for windows can work, but the site can't be reached/ is taking to long 

to respond / not loading... Do you know what my options are to get up and running ?

So i tried using Blue stacks 5 to download Starlink onto pc but need to create an Android Nougat 32 bit instance for it to work...

To fiddly, Memu is messy too, ill try on my friends ipad, hopefully once i set it up it'll work without the ipad.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/22/2022 at 3:56 AM, Cam said:

So I've just unboxed the starlink kit and the app isn't compatible with my samsung smartphone... 

I saw on this thread downloading dishy.starlink.com for windows can work, but the site can't be reached/ is taking to long 

to respond / not loading... Do you know what my options are to get up and running ?

having the same issue 

• 3 weeks later...

If you're like me and you don't live on your smartphone, but prefer to surf the internet on a Windows PC, there is way to setup Starlink without fidgeting with clunky Android or iOS devices.  Once my Starlink was connected up and powered up an "Open" Wifi hotspot appeared.  Mine was called Stinky, yours may have another name.  Nevertheless, just connect your PC's wifi connection to the open (no password required) Starlink router, and the Starlink will automatically ask you to give it a real name and set a Wifi password.  It will then reboot itself with the new settings and name.  Simply connect your Wifi to the new hotspot that appears with your new name and you're done. Enjoy!

• Thanks 1