Connection issues with Outlook & Quicken

I have had Starlink since June 2023. I originally connected it to my TP Link Wi-Fi router and was using the TP Link to provide internet to everything. Recently I installed an ethernet switch to eliminate the router - so now the internet comes directly from the Starlink router without another router added to it.  MOST things work just fine this way, however, I'm having some issues with Outlook e-mail and Quicken.  I believe both of these programs use servers that my computer needs to connect to.  For Outlook, when my computer is connected directly to the Starlink router, when I first open Outlook it will say "Trying to connect" and it will take a minimum of 2 minutes (or longer) before it finally connects and allows me to use the program.  When I open Quicken, it is similar.  It takes much longer for it to open & I suspect it is because it is trying to connect with a server.  The odd thing is that when I go back and plug Starlink into the TP Link router and then connect my computer to that, everything works fine.   So I am currently using the TP Link router in addition to the switch - but I'd like to eliminate the TP Link.   Has anyone else encountered this issue? Any suggestions on how to fix it?  

By the way, I should have mentioned that I contacted Starlink support.  They responded "you are located within an area currently experiencing network congestion, resulting in slower speeds during peak traffic times." etc  The slowest speed I've seen is about 25 mbps and this happens during evenings.  This is still faster than the 8 mbps I was getting with DSL but I suppose things like latency could come into play as well.