Waterproof extended wifi (rectangular model)

I have had the rectangular starlink running for some time but need to exte

I have had the rectangular starlink running for some time but need to extend the wifi.

My problem is that all products in the Starlink shop are for indoor use. The house is open with concrete walls.

The Ethernet adapter with some Ubiquity mesh was my first thought but the Ethernet adapter is for indoor use only!?

Second thought was using Starlink router with Starlink mesh devices but they are all for indoor use only as well?!

During rainy season there is no way for me to keep these devices safe from water. The Ethernet connector looks like it has a very short cable?

My final thought is to just get some access points and repeat the signal from the wifi that comes with Starlink but the performance of such a solution seems poor in theory.

Your thoughts?

Many thanks

Jonas

@Jonas,

To my knowledge, all of the Starlink devices -- except, of course, the antenna (aka, "Dishy") -- are for indoor use only.

There are waterproof enclosures available (e.g., Altelix Fiberglass Weatherproof Enclosure for Starlink WiFi Router). However, as you can see, they tend to be pricey.

Extending the Starlink WiFi using mesh technology entails adding additional Starlink router. You might be better off to put the Starlink router into bypass mode (in an enclosure, if necessary) and then, using the Ethernet Adapter, connect a third-party, waterproof WiFi router (e.g., Ubiquiti).

I would agree that using WiFi repeaters are probably not the best option.

Starlink Support maybe be able to help.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2024 at 6:10 PM, Jonas said:

The Ethernet connector looks like it has a very short cable?

It is.

On 1/30/2024 at 6:10 PM, Jonas said:

My final thought is to just get some access points and repeat the signal from the wifi that comes with Starlink but the performance of such a solution seems poor in theory.

No, this is the perfect solution. I do this for installs all the time. Starlink Router with Ethernet Adaptor into a small switch and then access points out of that. I primarily use TP Link access points (which offer indoor and outdoor devices) which work very well. Clients and customers are very happy with that solution.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall, you need to have some sort of a weather protectoed/proof area to protect all the starlink core equipment and anything else you might have hooked up (switch etc)

Edited by geekcohen