ASUS mesh/Starlink

Rick

Just set up my Starlink. Works Great!  Also set up an Asus mesh network.  Two questions.  First, after I set up the Asus mesh network (using the Starlink adapter) the Starlink network continued to function as well as the new Asus network.  Is this normal?  I thought the Starlink network would no longer function.  Second, after doing multiple comparison speed tests over two days, using the same third party speed test,  I consistently get slightly slower speeds on the Asus versus Starlink network.  Can that be fixed?

Your asus mesh WiFi doesn't tell the starlink router " hey bro, sorry but ahh I've got the wifi here brother, so you can just turn off "

Unfortunately inter-connectivity and inter-configuration at that level is just not available * yet * - give it 10 years.

You need to disable WiFi on the starlink router if you want to just use your mesh wifi.

The asus mesh wifi won't get the same speeds due to a) the AP's have to tunnel to each other, consuming RF band space for the uplink to each AP b) the WiFi radio in the starlink router is most likely above the asus mesh radio's spec wise - enabling faster speeds/aka data rates.

Hope this helps 🙂