Transfer Ownership

If I were to sell my property where my Starlink dishy is located, is it possible to transfer ownership of the equipment to the new property owner?  If so, is there a charge for this service, and what are the steps I need to take?  Lastly, how long does the transfer process take?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Hi @Chupacabra

You can transfer Starlink Ownership:

To transfer service ownership upon moving, please provide support with the email and intended service address of the person your are looking to transfer service to. The new owner will need to know your account number in order to proceed so please be sure to provide this information to them. Starlink is not responsible for anything related to the selling of the dish and cannot guarantee all transfer requests can be accommodated.

Source: https://support.starlink.com/

• 1 month later...
On 7/13/2022 at 3:53 AM, Dave2222 said:

How much time before Starlink process the transfer form?

Depends on load on support team - Any where from 7 business days to 18+ business days.

This should decrease as more systems are developed to handle transfer of ownership.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

My sister is stuck in the North Carolina mountains. She can not leave her home. She has no power or phone service due to hurricane Helene. My father who lives in Florida ordered a $499.00 Starlink package on Amazon to send to my sister's PO Box. When my father receives the Starlink package he plans on mailing it to my sister's PO Box. My sister will climb down mountain like she has already done once to get package from post office. If my father does not set up the starlink or even open the box, can we send it to my sister for her to use with out having to do the transfer process? 

4 hours ago, Flowers2126 said:

My sister is stuck in the North Carolina mountains. She can not leave her home. She has no power or phone service due to hurricane Helene. My father who lives in Florida ordered a $499.00 Starlink package on Amazon to send to my sister's PO Box. When my father receives the Starlink package he plans on mailing it to my sister's PO Box. My sister will climb down mountain like she has already done once to get package from post office. If my father does not set up the starlink or even open the box, can we send it to my sister for her to use with out having to do the transfer process? 

Yes, If you just keep the account active - Then no need to transfer it.