Cell Phones Dropping on Wi-Fi

I am at a loss as to why our cell phones are dropping calls while using wi-fi. There are 2 new items in the equation, new galaxy s22 cell phones and the new Starlink setup. The speed is great at 6 to 700 mbps on wi-fi but at time it just drops the calls. I can't eliminate either from the equation without just using our calling plan , which increases our costs. 

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Bob

I am posting a reply to my original question. I was trying to maybe split my wi-fi but it appears it can save my choice. Possible by putting the cell phone back on 2.4 might help, but can't get it to work from my cell phone.

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

This is not an answer but more questions: Router reboot doesn't help with the saving the split network still same response about can't save changes now try again later. 

Question: What windows 10 based software will show ip and lan speed (i.e. wired / wi-fi and lan (2.5 gig or 5.0 gig) . I have searched and found one the gives the ip but not the network (2.4 or 5.0) for the wireless units . Mainly the cell phones. 

Thanks,

Bob

I have found a free wi-fi scanner which gives some great information in regard to your wi-fi network. It is called: Wi-Fi Scanner version 21.05 from LizardSystems. I have attached a pic of the results for review. It shows me what is on the 5.0 and the 2.4 wi-fi networks. 

WiFi Scanner Software.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We have no cell signal in our neighborhood and on our DSL connection,  wifi calling was always choppy.   On Starlink I find wifi calling  the same, doesnt work well.  However,   a few years ago our cell phone company gave us a femto cell when I told them we had no service locally. This is a box that plugs into the router, connects to the internet and generates a 4G signal in the house.  This worked very well on DSL  even with 0.5 mbs upload speed.   I have got my router now operating in bridge mode, connected to the ethernet adaptor, with the femto cell plugged into the bridged router, and  calls work very well, no choppiness, dropped calls etc. There is a bit of a lag,  call the house land line from the cell phone, say something, and the voice comes out the land line phone with a bit of a delay, which was also the case on the DSL, maybe a bit more lag on Starlink.   I think in normal conversation off premises it would not be noticeable.