New install - “No Internet Connection”

Hi all, I am new with SL, and thought I’d test out a basic install before connection to the switch etc. 

I install dishy at the gable end of the house, ran the wire down to the router and plugged it in.

STARLINK shows up on my phone wifi choices, and when selected, I name the connection and add the pw.

when I return to the Wi-Fi settings, it shows the network, but indicates that there is “No Internet Connection” 

when I do the initial install on the SL app, it doesn’t find the STARLINK network.

Thanks for any help on what I’m doing wrong. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ProDishy said:

Is your dish powered on and running at all?

Did you rewire according to starlink propriety wiring?

I honestly don’t know how to tell. I plugged In the router…doesn’t that power the dish?

I did not require anything…I installed dish on top of house (on gable end), ran the wire down to the router, plugged that in, then plugged in the router. Then I went to the app…

On 6/20/2022 at 11:05 AM, CGA82 said:

I honestly don’t know how to tell. I plugged In the router…doesn’t that power the dish?

I did not require anything…I installed dish on top of house (on gable end), ran the wire down to the router, plugged that in, then plugged in the router. Then I went to the app…

How long is the cable? and what type of cable did you use? Does dishy move at all? What lights are on the router?

Thank you all. Still waiting on powering up…I did reseat the cable into the dish, and that seemed to help. When i went on the app, at least it said it was connecting. 

the only light ON on the router is the one on the bottom…

We’re building a new house, so I am not the most of the time…so I’ll have to wait until tomorrow to see if it found it and is ready. (Crossing my fingers).

On 6/21/2022 at 11:43 AM, pbeaudet said:

Please reseat all connections,  power cycle the modem/power supply and then let it boot up. Be patient it may be finding itself. It could also be a bad cable or one of the connectors. 

I would definitely check wiring - Starlink has special wiring and isn't typical.

Having EXACTLY same issue. Wifi connects, but no interenet.  Yet, once or twice it let me do a speedtest..which doesnt make sense.

Also, it says I have to have my mobile data turned on. They whole point of the dish was so I wouldnt be using my phones data plan and would be using the dish's wifi signal.  

What am I doing wrong?