RV - waitlist area

bus933s

Finding usability in waitlist area is USELESS. Constant dropped connection, virtually useless speeds... HOWEVER, SpeedTest on weekend runs good, test during week, both workday and evening and even 4am, is total crap. I did read waitlist mobile areas are deprioritized, but our experience is worse than that. Any insight, feedback? Little unsure about keeping this and actually going cross country when we need to depend on it.

• Sad 1

Sorry to hear of your not so good experience.

From what I'm seeing there is more sats and network development to be done to " equalize " the numerous different service offerings.

Equalize - I mean by, getting all services to a decent stable QOS level. Currently mobile/RV users are experiencing slower speeds than normal.

Speeds and reliability are expected to increase as Starlink teams make developments.

Whilst I acknowledge your stress and the inability to use the connection at certain times - But hold on, its worth it - The end result from the great team at SpaceX is worth it, the impossible is made " late " with SpaceX but they do things pretty well. Given time and bug fixes, firmware updates you should see normal stable internet within the next few weeks ( maybe a month or two depending on how launches and firmware updates go )

• Like 1

I have used my Starlink RV in Austin Texas, which is a waitlist area, and got reasonable service.  Meaning I got about 50 down and 5-10 up consistently with few network issues.  We have also traveled to Tomball Texas, Columbus Texas, and Port Aransas Texas where we got reasonable service in each place.  In Tomball I had a tall pine tree that blocked a portion of my western sky.  The Starlink app warned me that I had some obstructions and suggested I find a better location.  Being in a pine forest, I could not get any better.  I still got about 50 down and 5 up with occasional loss of network.  Port Aransas got the best service with 180 down and 30 up.

• Like 1