Starlink Maritime - Now available

Starlink maritime is now available offering speeds of up to 350Mbps download while at sea.

From merchant vessels to oil rigs to premium yachts, Starlink Maritime allows you to connect from the most remote waters across the world, just like you would in the office or at home.

Starlink Maritime hardware bears a small footprint, demands minimal above deck space, and comes with an easy-to-install mount.

Starlink requires an unobstructed view of the sky. Download the Starlink app to check for blockage zones and determine the best install location on your vessel.

Starlink Maritime Billing:

Starlink Maritime offers the ability to pause and un-pause service at any time, and is billed in one month increments, allowing users to customize their service to their individual needs. " Pay as you go "

More information: Starlink.com/maritime

Further information about Starlink Maritime:

What are the limitations of Starlink Maritime?

Best Effort Service: Starlink prioritizes network resources for Starlink Maritime users at sea and on terrestrial waters. Starlink Maritime service is provided on a best effort basis; stated speeds and uninterrupted use of services are not guaranteed. Starlink is not intended or registered for use as a Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS) service at this time.

Coastal Waters: Starlink for Maritime should only be used in territorial waters where licensing is either held by SpaceX or the end user. Starlink Maritime is currently approved for use in the US.

FCC Authorization Notice. Federal Communication Commission authorization to Starlink for in-motion services in the United States has been granted on a non-interference protected basis, i.e., unprotected basis with respect to operations in the 12.2-12.7 GHz band. Therefore, Starlink’s in-motion operations, including for vessels, must accept any interference received from both current and future services authorized in the band – even if such interference causes undesirable operations for Starlink Services and its customers. Starlink in-motion Services must not cause harmful interference to any authorized service in the band, whether licensed or not.

What hardware comes with my Starlink Maritime order?

Starlink for Maritime includes two Starlink High Performance Terminals for redundancy and obstruction mitigation. Both Starlinks will have an active connection in case part of the vessel is obstructing the view of the Starlink satellites. For example, users can install each Starlink dish on either side of the ships mast.

For best performance, each Starlink should be installed in an above deck area with a completely unobstructed view of the sky. The Starlink High Performance Dish specs can be found here.

Starlink Maritime also comes with 2 Starlink Pipe Adapters. Weights and dimensions of the Starlink Pipe Adapter can be seen in the Starlink Accessories..

Starlink Maritime customers will have the option to upgrade their actuated terminal to a flat panel antenna and mounting hardware, designed for better durability in harsh environments at no additional cost when available in Q4 2022.

Where is Starlink Maritime available?

Starlink Maritime is available for use in waters with active coverage as shown on the Starlink Maritime Map. Starlink for Maritime should only be used in territorial waters where licensing is either held by SpaceX or the end user. Starlink Maritime is currently approved for use in the US.

Starlink Maritime is available for order in the US only right now. All other countries are pending regulatory approval or coverage.

• 7 months later...

I just received my system but is not working !!!!

Everithing is connected and powered up, I have an unobstructed view of the sky and horizon, but can not enable the system.

There is connection to the satellites and traffic but I got the legend "Disable / offline" on the app.

Can you please help me ?

On 2/17/2023 at 4:46 AM, Dumi said:

I just received my system but is not working !!!!

Everithing is connected and powered up, I have an unobstructed view of the sky and horizon, but can not enable the system.

There is connection to the satellites and traffic but I got the legend "Disable / offline" on the app.

Can you please help me ?

This forum section is for announcements, news.

Feel free to post in the technical support section.