factory wifi questions

OK, let me give this a shot...I have a Linksys router plugged into my official Starlink router. I did this mostly because at this point, there is no way to properly configure or control the parameters on the Starlink. For example, you can't prevent it from broadcasting the SSID...can't enable MAC address filtering, etc.. The only thing I believe you can change at this point is the name of your router. I have not tried running the Starlink router "open" - that is to say with no password.Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have not received my Starlink kit yet. Is it correct that I can plug a remote router into the provided router with a cat 5 Ethernet cable? I am working on entering the house at a good spot while still have a good WiFi signal where it is needed. Thanks for helping this newbie.

Let's get back on track. Wifi without password is faster, less troublesome, desirable, and more secure. The questions are about the original supplied wifi. 1. Can it run without a password? 2. Can you turn off the radio signal (and would this be any advantage over removing the wifi and just using a cat5?

Newbie, I found that if you run any Ethernet or wifi cables outdoors, you have to loose sheath them from rain and dew or they will deteriorate from the inside out. Don't paint them with any vinyl or silicone product. This will only trap water inside. I've read that not all networking products work with the Starlink.