Starlink Mount Solution

Jurz

If you live out in rural America you probably have an old Direct TV or Hughesnet or someone's old satellite setup in your yard. I utilized this old Direct TV pole and mount for me Starlink setup and works well. I had to cut the stand the Starlink dish comes with in the box to utilize the center hub as an attachment point.

I removed the dish from the mont and drilled 3 holes through for the Stainless steel hardware.

A quick paint job and mounted it on the pole. The existing poles are cemented into the ground when they install it, to get it out I dug down about halfway and then connected it to the tow hitch on my Jeep with a little yank it came right out. A sledge hammer and a few good wacks will get all the cement off the pole pretty easily. Starlink offers a pole setup now but only for 1 size pole and i've noticed all of the other satellite companies are using different size poles. Of course you can always go and buy a section of pipe at the local hardware store to fit the Starlink pole kit but I like to use what's already in my possession if I can.

I located the pole in the best spot I could find in the yard and reburied the pole along with 1 inch conduit for the cable to run in. After 5 bags of quick drying cement the hole was filled, guess I went a little to big on the hole. The cable run can be a bit of a challenge because it is not detachable from the dish. 1 inch conduit was necessary to get the barrels that are on the cable around any radius you may have in the cable conduit run.

Final install, the worst part was getting the cable and conduit under my 20 foot wide driveway, had to use the wash technique with 20" of PVC pipe and a water hose. The Starlink setup was obviously designed to be setup as easily as possible but I think there should be other options for a more permanent install. I can't tell you how aggravating it is trying to work with the dish with the cord being unable to detached from it. And the thought of having to replace the dish if something ever happened to it, i will never be able to pull the cable back through.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...