maintenance

• 4 months later...

Ok. Not an answer to the heat question, but a new maintenance question:When (no clue on that will be) I get my kit, what concerns will there be with snow filling up the dish antenna. Will it have to be kept clear? If that's the case, then I won't be able to keep the antenna waaaay up on top of my roof, will I? It'll have to be accessible to keep clear.If that's the case, I need to cut some trees down...

Snow won't "fill up" the dish — it's a completely flat surface and fairly smooth. The dish also has a heating capability which is intended to melt snow to prevent any build-up on the dish surface. I've seen quite a few accounts from folks up in the north country (Canada, mostly) which describe the dish performing well in winter , shedding snow effectively and operating even sub-zero conditions with only minimal issues under the most unusually severe weather being reported.Your dish should be fine on the roof so long as it's installed in such a way that snow can't build up all around it(and drift under it) to a depth where it might interfere with movement or restrict line-of-sight to the sky.As for keeping the dish cool, I'm not aware of any reports of degraded performance as a result of summer heat.

• 3 months later...