Where is my Dishy? It's been 6 months

ats1960

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to hear that you have been waiting 6 months. I paid for my spot in line on June 23rd so I am way behind you and I’m already getting antsy. Unfortunately there is no information or help on Starlink.com. There is no way to ask a question at all when I sign in to my account. They won’t even let me shop for installation options yet. If I could just get an eta that is closer than the generic “sometime between June and December” that would help. A little communication from Starlink would go a long way as I sit and wait. If it matters I am in Northeast Wisconsin.

• 2 weeks later...

Some users internationally have been waiting over a year. Thats a fairly good indication they have given you even though its a big time period. I would say with the increased demand your package maybe late + covid restrictions in place also delay logistics. I wouldn't panic - Focus on Wireless AP's you can install around the house so your starlink is used to its full potential once it does arrive :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

When I placed my order just a few weeks ago in mid-October 2021, the estimated delivery was "late 2021." Now when I log in to check the status, it says, "Starlink expects to expand service in your area by late 2022."It's rather depressing to be living in a time of history when you can't believe anything any company promises. Just assume they're lying and you won't be disappointed.

• 3 weeks later...

My neighbors and I put our deposit down in March and nothing yet. folks not far from us put a deposit down in September and received their dish in October. That is hardly first come first served. No way to contact anyone. Very poor customer service.

My neighbors and I put our deposit down in March and nothing yet. folks not far from us put a deposit down in September and received their dish in October. That is hardly first come first served. No way to contact anyone. Very poor customer service.

It's "first come first served" in each service cell, not nationally or by state/county or whatever. Folks "not far from you" can easily be in a different service cell with lower demand and thus more empty slots. As more sats get launched, more cells will be servicable and those currently being served will have increased capacity.Customer service, just like the ability to purchase any extras like longer cables or dishy mounts, will open up once your full order is processed and the kit is ready to ship. Reports from people who have their kits are mostly praising the customer service, especially the tech support.

We live in an area that is geographically challenging for internet service. We are in a canyon in a remote area up against a 9,000 ft mountain range. The area that got service is in a flat grassland with vistas that go on for 60 to 70 miles. Probably explains why they got service right away.So my question is, will we ever be offered service? None of the small broadband internet service companies that set up small antennas to serve hard to reach areas have not been willing to put a tower in our area because it would be difficult to place it so everyone in this tight cluster of hills could have line of sight to any possible tower sites. There are good locations on USFS land but they do not want to get involved with all the red tape. What are the criteria for a service cell? Line of site? A large density of folks wanting Starlink in our area? It seems that folks in very remote areas are using Starlink so maybe geography does not play into it.Appreciate any insight into how the system functions.

There are all kinds of "theories" about the deciding factors for the order in which cells come online, and which ones have current capacity and which don't.Some of these theories are really out in the conspiracty weeds, as with so many things nowadays, but the most plausible explanaton is a combination of practical and logistical issues; satellite density, satellite orbits, geographic location, population density, pre-order volume and production capacity. Also probably satellite efficiency, by which I mean the amount of time a satellite is actually in use - and given that any given satellite is only over US terrirory for a small proportion of its orbit, there's some complex international mathematics (and politics) involved there.Elon Musk is many things, but his approach to anything is never arbitrary or irrational. Starlink is in the process of buildiing a global network to give highspeed access from everywhere on earth, including, eventually, receivers in motion on land or sea or in the air. What's needed are more satellites (which means the superheavy needs to come online so they can launch hundreds at a time), more laser link satellites, more ground stations and on and on - all coordinated in such a way as to increase the number of cells that can be serviced, and the customer density in each cell can be increased — all without degradation of service and with an eye on revenue.Short version: it's really complicated. But your question was "will we ever be offered service?"The answer is yes. If you have placed a pre order and made your $99 deposit, you were given an estimated service timeframe. It might have been bumped forward quite a bit — most were, including mine — so now there's a new timeframe. Production numbers are up. Dishy kits are being shipped - a whole lot of Florida and Texas orders were filled last week for example. Features are being improved — the router that comes with the new rectangular dishy now has a bypass mode, for example, and has a detachable power cord now.Our turn will come.

• 3 months later...