Ethernet adapter

Lost1wing

I have done the temporary installation with my new high performance rectangular system. I am thrilled with the performance. 

I would like to  use the ethernet adapter to give me a wired connection for a desktop computer, 2 printers and a surveillance system.  Will these devices be protected through the Starlink router? The ethernet adapter connection picture does not show the power supply and shows it only connected to the input to the router.

Any suggestions on how to proceed with my installation would be great. I also have a second mesh node on the way with the ethernet adapter and pole mount adapter. I have time to rearrange if needed.

Screenshot_20230701-093902_Starlink.jpg

@Lost1wing,

I'm not sure what you mean by "protected"...

The devices on the Ethernet port will be "behind" the Starlink Router, but (obviously/) you will need a switch to connect multiple device to the Ethernet port.

Personally, my experience has been that the Starlink WiFi is much faster and more stable than the Ethernet port. I know that's exactly the opposite of what you'd expect, but that has proven out in my experience.

• Like 1

I think I understand now that I look closer at the picture. The picture shown here is the router, not the power supply. My setup has a power supply.  Interesting that the wifi would be faster.  I have another mesh node coming. I may end up with another if I see the same result as you. I can still use the ethernet for the printers.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/1/2023 at 9:13 AM, Lost1wing said:

Any suggestions on how to proceed with my installation would be great.

FWIW, I just connected the WAN port of my existing router to the Starlink ethernet adapter port.  Everything on my existing LAN (connected to that router) works fine and i can manage my router's security etc.  Of course i can still connect to the Starlink router's wifi, but no real need to. 

• Like 1