Delayed Recovery from Power Failure

Roof-mounted Standard v2 Starlink with no obstructions. 
Ran cable through masonry protector in basement wall, connected Ethernet adapter, and v2 router.
WiFi and Internet worked the first day. Had power failure later that day, but was not using Internet.
Next day there was WiFi but no Internet. 
Rebooted Router via app. Waited 30 mins. Never recovered Internet connection.
Factory Reset (Unplugged 6 times), reconfigured router,  and waited 30 mins. Never recovered Internet connection.
Next day, Factory Reset again, reconfigured router with new SSID, and recovered Internet connection.

Do power outages make such an issue? Are there other troubleshooting methods I should have used?

What UPS would you recommend for a Standard v2 system? 

A modest UPS (350-450W) should be enough for your Starlink system. Personally, ALL of my digital electronic devices are on UPS power supplies. I have been doing this for almost 20 years and it has saved my bacon more than once.

Long story short, even if a power outage is a pain in the butt for only a few minutes, the damage done to digital electronics by power surges and power drops can be devastating. A significant power surge can fry equipment instantly. Power drops (aka, "brownouts") are often undetectable, but are a slow poison for digital electronics. If you live in a rural area, trust me, you have brownouts constantly...

So, yes, please, get a UPS for your Starlink... and another for your desktop/laptop... and your smart TVs... and your printer... and every other digital electronic device in your house. A basic, reliable UPS is $45 in the electronics department at Walmart. Cheap insurance.

I have similar questions.  Power failure last night and no internet for 3.5 hours.  I thought it would reconnect on its own but it did not.  I unplugged the router and plugged it back in once (not knowing about this 3 times bit - was this Elon's idea??) and internet returned after 15 minutes or so.  Is this typical?  I travel a lot and obviously cannot plug and unplug the router.  I've ordered a UPS based on your (ricochetstarlink) recommendation, so thanks for that.   

What I'd like to know is if this is typical for power outages and what troubleshooting method should I employ?  I'm not convinced my unplugging the router is what fixed it but I really have no idea.

Also, is there any built in battery to keep this running for even very brief times of power loss?  A UPS is going to have some delay while it switches over to battery, I believe.

Looks like tonight is going to be a repeat given the thunder/lightning at the moment.

Edited by bwilliams
typo

@bwilliams

A built-in battery? HAH! No, LOL! You'd think with SpaceX being a sister-company to Tesla, they might have included a battery... but, alas, no... no, they did not.

I have a Starlink Router that is on a UPS. We have regular power issues in our rural community. When the power has been out. long enough for the UPS battery to shut down -- which has happened a time or two -- the Starlink Router generally reconnects to the Internet with no intervention. I have had to reboot the Router at other times which there was no apparent outage. 

So, "is this typical"? I find there is nothing "typical" about ANY behavior in ANY networking setup for ANY provider. There are just too many variables, regardless.

HTH