Starlink app not working

Hey folks, I am up North in Canada, using Starlink for Internet, videocalls and VoIP.  Everything works perfectly well for me.

What a great product.

However...the Starlink app seems to be total crap. Most if the time it is unable to connect to either WiFi or Starlink, or both.  If I wait long enough,30sec or so, it responds to what I picked in the app  e.g. settings, then it freezes for 30 ish seconds, then it responds and so on  Sometimes it just freezes entirely. So I have to close the app and try again

All internet traffic works perfectly well and I am not even 20ft off the router  no obstacles, clear line of sight. 

Restarting doesn't help, using another android device doesn't help either.

I am not logged into my Starlink account usually but if I do, same issues.

All I want(ed) to do is putting Starlink into "stow away" before switching off over night or before I travel to the next location. ( I am off grid / RV so I need every amp hour.

Unless I am told not to do I'll simply pull the routers plug every evening and plug it in next morning. And forget the app.

Any comments welcome

Y.T.

• 2 months later...
  1. Apple or Anroid device? Have you tried deleting the app and reinstalling? This seems to work for some people who are having issues.
  2. BE WARNED: I strongly recomment that you DO NOT stow and power-down your Starlink System every night. You will miss critical software updates and may have a delay when you power up while they are installed. Of course, stowing and powering down before travel is a good idea. 
  3. The Starlink mobile app should remain logged in at all times for the experience.