Adding Cable to 82ft. Length Provided with the High Performance Installation Kit

I'm not able to locate the Starlink dish on my roof because of tree obstructions.  I'd like to locate the dish in my yard where I get an unobstructed view according to the starlink app.  I'm wondering if I can splice an additional length of cable to that provided with the Kit and how much additional  cable I can add?  I see nothing at Starlink.com about adding to the cable provided in the Kit.  I don't want to add cable if it's not approved by Starlink.

• 7 months later...

@Rgevans and @Lost1wing,

I agree. The 150' cable is no longer in the Starlink Store. However, I did find something very interesting.

There are two new cables for the High Performance antenna that have an RJ-45 (Ethernet) connector on the router end of the cable. One of the cables is 5m (16.4ft) long. The other is 30m (98ft) long. In both cases, the description says that the cable is intended to be used when additional length is needed between the Starlink Dishy and a third-party router

This implies that the High Performance antenna has it's own power supply and is NOT powered by the Starlink Router.

The great news here is that the Ethernet connector opens up a world of possibilities. I wonder if it would be possible to use a waterproof inline Ether connector (e.g., Lonlonty Waterproof Shielded RJ45 Coupler IP68,CAT6A/CAT6/CAT5E/CAT5 Female to Female Coupler Connector Shielded for Outdoor Ethernet LAN Cable-2 Pack) to extend the cable using another Ethernet cable of the appropriate length. Note that there is a maximum length for an Ethernet cable depending on which type of cable you use (i.e., CAT5, CAT5E, CAT6, or CAT6A). I don't know those maximums off the top of my head and using an inline connector probably reduces the maximum cable length somewhat.

The downside of this approach is that you'll need a third-part router once you get to the end of your (extended) cable since it won't plug into the Starlink Router.

Not sure if these helps, but seemed like it might be relevant.

• Like 1

Starlink responded with the same advice. The said I can mount the power supply on the tower and run the longer 30m cable to the starlink router. I can use the ethernet adapter  from there. 

I may be able to get the power supply indoors out of the weather, I just need to get the cables first.

• Like 1