cannot connect to this network

I only get this error from this laptop when I try to connect to Starlink. My phone, tablet, a second laptop, friend's laptop connect just fine,  only the one laptop cannot connect to Starlink.  Tried forgetting Starlink wifi name, split 2.4/5mhz connection, nothing works.  I can connect to Starlink on my phone, use it as a mobile hotspot,  it connects fine, as well as other Networks,  just not Starlink. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

@wntrhwk,

Try powering the laptop down and restarting. I have had similar symptoms on a MacBook running macOS Ventura 13.x. Sometimes, it gets into a weird state where it will not connect to neither the Starlink WiFi network nor a hard-wired Ethernet connection. When that happens, the only thing that seems to work is to power down and power back on.

I don't have any native Windows or Linux devices here. So, I can't comment on there.

There are different frequencies (2.4GHz vs 5GHz) and different transmission protocols (802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n, 802.11ac, etc.) for Wifi that may be the issue here, especially with older hardware. 

• Do you know the specific model of the Intel wireless adapter?
  • Have you checked the adapter (and driver) to be sure it supports the same frequency(its) and protocol(s) that the Starlink router is using?
    • For example, if the adapter and driver only support the older 2.4GHz frequency and you have not split the 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks on the router (using Starlink app), then you might have trouble connecting.
    • FWIW, I have had this issue trying to connect older Intel-based systems to my Starlink mesh network.

• 7 months later...