Updated App is not working for me

When the Updated App showed up I now can’t access settings or anything. I have internet but can’t access stow, settings, the heater and so forth. If I click on the guy it has my account info but also has a spinning wheel. It shows as if I’m a new user but can’t get past the wi-fi part as I’m in bypass mode. Can I just unplug my ethernet adapter and plug back into Starlink router then do a factory reset? Would love to be able the use the app but afraid I might lose internet. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

@DNA,

Starlink Forum is a community of Starlink customers like yourself that come here for discussion and to assist one another with resolutions to know issues. There are no Starlink personnel in this forum.

When you say "...the Updated App..." are you referring to the Starlink app on your iOS or Android mobile device? For now, I'll assume this is correct.

The mobile app requires a WiFi connection to your router in order to manage your Starlink configuration. Since you are bypassing the router, the mobile app isn't going to work for you.

Bypass mode requires a router connected to the Ethernet port, IIRC. Then, that router has devices connected (via Ethernet ports or WiFi connections) and provides the link to the Internet via Starlink.

You should be able to use one of these devices to open a browser and point to "https://192.168.100.1" to pull up the browser version of the Starlink app. You will need to login with your Starlink credentials. Once logged in, you should be able to manage your configuration, even in bypass mode.

NOTE: if the router's DHCP address block includes 192.168.100.1, then you'll likely need to reconfigure the router to exclude this block to get to the app.

Hope that helps.

Hi Ricochet,

Was hoping you’d respond. I believe i tried the 192 numbers and no window would pop up. I’ll try when I get home. If that doesn’t work can I unplug my ethernet cord and then just plug  directly back into the Starlink Router and do a hard reset? If so, I could just bypass later to my router. Thank you for the response. Hoping to be able to use the settings and so forth

So I unplugged the ethernet cable plug.from the SL Router since I’m in bypass mode. Plugged directly back in to the SL Router. Did a 6 unplug/plug reset and nothing happened. Waited a bit and re did the 6 unplug/plug reset and it worked. Now in the process of set up. Thank you Ricochet for your input.

• Like 1